Entremundos accepts scholarly essays, creative works, reviews of recent literature and film, study abroad and internship chronicles, and multimedia, including original photographs, artwork, videos, and musical compositions. Submissions are welcome from current or former BYU students, faculty members, or visiting professors. Entremundos also reserves the right to solicit submissions from other groups, as appropriate.
All scholarly essays must be written in Spanish, Portuguese, or English and must relate to Hispanic or Luso-Brazilian culture, literature, linguistics, translation, or pedagogy. Texts should be limited to 7,500, maximum. Please do not translate quotations that appear in these languages, and follow correct grammar and punctuation rules for the language in which your submission is written. Other related subjects may be eligible depending on relevance and quality and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All other submissions must also relate to Hispanic or Luso-Brazilian cultures.
All submissions should be submitted with a cover sheet containing the author’s name, e-mail address, telephone number, and the title of the submission. Please also indicate if you are a member or officer of Sigma Delta Pi, the National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society, or Phi Lambda Beta, the National Portuguese Honor Society. The author’s name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript itself, since all entries will be subject to blind review. All submissions will be considered for awards for best writing and creative work.
- Send both a Word document and a PDF version.
- Times New Roman, 12-point
- Single-spaced, left-justified
- MLA, APA, etc. (based on the subject; i.e., MLA for literature, APA for linguistics)
- No application of “styles,” including section breaks, text boxes, headers and footers, etc.
- Do not use automatically generated footnotes or endnotes. Please insert notes manually with Arabic numerals (1,2,3, etc.) in the text where you want them to appear.
- Images within text submissions must be sent as separate files.
- Send as .png or .jpeg
- Photos must be a minimum of 300 dpi (the higher resolution, the better).
- GIFs and other alternate imagery will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Include “artist statement” (approximately 50 words) that clearly indicates how your photograph fits within our journal
- Videos must be 3-30 or so minutes in length and of high quality.
- Include “artist statement” (approximately 50 words) that clearly indicates how your video fits within our journal
- Music can be submitted as audio or video.
- 1-10 or so minutes in length
- Include “artist statement” (approximately 50 words) that clearly indicates how your music fits within our journal
- Original file or high-quality scan; send as .png or .jpeg
- Include “artist statement” (approximately 50 words) that clearly indicates how your art fits within our journal
All submissions will be reviewed by at least one faculty reviewer and by various journal staff members in a blind review process. Once works are selected for publishing, Entremundos staff will contact the author and collaborate with him or her on necessary edits. Entremundos reserves the right to reject submissions if submission instructions are not followed.
Authors are responsible for obtaining any copyright permissions necessary, including proper attribution and/or permissions for images.
Send all submissions to email@example.com to be considered for publication.